This summer, we are presenting an online obedience class. The class is open for 10 working participants. You can also join as an observer. As a working participant, you will follow the class with your own dog (one dog per working spot) and post video for the entire class to see. Thomas and I will of course comment on your videos and help you through all the lessons. The observers get to read and watch all material from me, watch all the posted videos, ask questions and join in on the discussions.
This is a obedience class, much like the one we do IRL at home. The class will be based on the exercises from the FCI obedience trials, but the online class is also open for those who do obedience in other organizations. It will be great for anyone wanting to get the most out of their obedience dog using reward based methods, from the curious novice to the experienced competitor. It is a great advantage if you have done our online foundation class, or if you have the similar foundations in play, shaping and self control.
The class will run from July 9th. A new lesson with text, video and homework will be posted every other Monday, for a total of 8 lessons. Every lesson has a theme, these are the themes that we will cover in the 8 lessons:
- Heelwork. How to get your dog to heel with focus, precision, attitude and duration. We cover all parts in heelwork from the novice to international class. How prepare your dog for focused and confident entries into the ring.
- Stand, sit and down under march. How to get both speed and steadiness in the positions. Sitting and lying in a group and proofing the positions.
- Recall. How to get your dog to run fast, and how to teach the recall with stand and down.
- Send away to the square with directions, down and recall. One of the most impressive exercises to watch and one of the most fun to teach.
- Retrieve. How to build up your retrieve from foundation games to get your dog to love all parts of the retrieve, both directions, jumping and retrieving metal. Our method of teaching the retrieve is different, fun and very effective.
- Scent discrimination. We split the exercise in two and work on scent discrimination and the retrieve separately to build a confident dog who knows his task.
- Distance control. How to use shaping and trick training to get correct movement with a high level of precision and stimulus control.
- Prepare your dog for competition. Teaching the exercises is only a small part of obedience training. This final and important lesson is about how to get you and your dog to perform equally well in the competition ring as you do in practice.
Sign up now! There’s only 10 working spots in this class. You can also sign up as an observer.
If you haven’t followed our foundation class, we give you the option of observing the current one with a 50% discount if you sign up for it at the same time as the obedience class. You will get access to all foundation lessons, videos and feedback for only 500 SEK. This will make it easier for you to follow the obedience class.
You will receive log in-information when you have payed via PayPal. If you already made an account here, let me know and I’ll give you access to the classroom.