Our new Foundation Class was a huge success and a lot of people have asked us to do it again. The new Foundation Class includes more skills and covers some aspects that the first version of the class didn’t.
Class starts on September 3rd, 2018
As a working participant, you will follow the class with your own dog (one dog per working spot) and post video for the entire class to see. Thomas and I will, of course, comment on your videos and help you through all the lessons. The observers get to read and watch all the material from me, watch all the posted videos, ask questions and join in on the discussions. This is a foundation class, much like the one we do at home. It will be great for anyone who wants to get the most out of reward based methods. It’s not only for beginner dog trainers but for anyone who wants to understand our way of training.
You’ll learn how to teach and perfect skills like:
- Getting your dog to love tugging
- The “switch” game with two toys
- Picking up objects fast
- Shaping skills
- Holding positions until the release
- Reversed luring
- Send to a station and wait
- Turn around and run to reward
- Backward walking to teach heeling
- Rear end awareness
- Around the pole game
- Nose touch to hand
- Nose freeze to hand
- Jumping stand
- Foundations for retrieving
- Go outs
- Stand to down to stand with paws still
- Adding cues and stimulus control
The class will consist of seven lessons, with two weeks in between lessons, for a total of 14 weeks.
Our first lesson will be out September 3rd, 2018.
What you need to sign up:
- Computer with good internet connection
- To read and write in English
If you want to work with your dog in the class, you’ll also need:
- Video camera and a video editing program
- YouTube-account where you upload your videos
Prices are in Swedish kronor and payment is done via PayPal.
VAT is added within the EU.