Our new Foundation Class was a huge success and a lot of people have asked us to do it again. The new Foundation Class includes more skills and cover some aspects that the first version of the class didn’t.
Class starts on June 12th.
As a working participant, you will follow the class with your own dog (one dog per working spot) and post video for the entire class to see. Thomas and I will of course comment on your videos and help you through all the lessons. The observers get to read and watch all material from me, watch all the posted videos, ask questions and join in on the discussions. This is a foundation class, much like the one we do at home. It will be great for anyone who wants to get the most out of reward based methods. It’s not only for beginner dog trainers, but for anyone who wants to understand our way of training.
You’ll learn how to teach and perfect skills like:
- Getting your dog to love tugging
- The “switch”-game with two toys
- Picking up objects fast
- Shaping skills
- Holding positions until release
- Reversed luring
- Send to station and wait
- Turn around and run to reward
- Backwards walking to teach heeling
- Rear end awareness
- Around the pole game
- Nose touch to hand
- Nose freeze to hand
- Jumping stand
- Foundations for retrieving
- Go outs
- Stand to down to stand with paws still
- Adding cues and stimulus control
Class will consist of seven lessons, with two weeks in between lessons, for a total of 14 weeks.
First lesson will be out June 12th.
What you need to sign up:
- Computer with good internet connection
- To read and write in English
If you want to work with your dog in the class, you’ll also need:
- Video camera and a video editing program
- YouTube-account where you upload your videos
Prices are in Swedish kronors and payment is done via PayPal.